Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Debbie Downer


Lately I've been feeling down and out. I've blamed it on the terrible company I work for, the hangovers, the terrible company I work for...Anyway I went to my physician for my yearly physical and she ran a gamut of blood work on me. Come to find out I have really low levels of vitamins B12 and D. Now D insufficiency is common so I was not surprised, but B12?!

Fast forward to last night where I was reading one of Dr. Oz's books You Being Beautiful (yes I am obsessed with him). In the book it discusses depression, anxiety, etc. Anyway as I'm reading through it states that low levels of B12 in the body can cause depression. Fo' Real Dr. Oz?! Well no shit I feel a little down and out. B12! After that I took a double B Complex dose. But since it is water soluble he suggests taking one twice a day because you basically pee it out. And I do feel better today. Better capable of coping with hating my job and moving forward.

I know this is not a hilarious or self-deprecating blog but I couldn't help but want to share the news. If you feel like Debbie Downer try out a B complex.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I should down a dozen B-complex vitamins next time I try on my skinny jeans...Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel much better but i need something stronger, like meth, to feel great in my skinnies too.

    ReplyDelete