Monday, February 22, 2010

Suck It Winter.

Hey Old Man Winter, GO FUCK YOURSELF.  You are the grumpiest bastard I have ever met.  I mean I get it you're cold, heartless, and moody but do you have to take us down with you?  My life is pretty happy 9 months out of the year until you come into town stomping out every little bit of joy I have.  Wanna go for a run?  NOPE.  Winter is gonna give my nose frostbite.  Take my dog for a walk?  NOPE.  The Old Man is gonna try to turn my 7 pound lil Mexican into a pupsicle.  Dress-up and put on make-up?  WHY BOTHER.  The Frigid, Sterile Man's Wind is gonna make my eyes water so badly that I look like I'd just been to a funeral.  The only time I enjoy winter is when I'm renting a mansion in the mountains with friends, there is a foot of powder for snowboarding, it's 30 degrees out, there's an outdoor hot tub, a fridge full of beer, and a fire in the fireplace. 

Don't get me wrong I love the Northeast.  My family and friends are here and that's ultimately what matters.  I do not want to live anywhere else right now.   I love the cities, the close proximity to mountains/ocean and I can relate to the the people.  Yes, we can be harsh but we're to-the-point, crass (just my humor type), and for the most part, not fake.  I mean maybe it's Old Man Winter that makes us this way.  He's a cold-hearted snake.  He doesn't give a shit about you.  You forgot a glove, too bad you get frostbite bitch.  There has got to be an easier way to survive this cold and, even worse, greyness.  No sun, no flowers, no leaves, just a grey dirty city.  I actually forgot why I moved here in the first place until Saturday.  It was a sunny, 45 degree day so pup and I walked around Central Park.  And I remembered that there's nothing I love more than a sunny day in Central Park.  So much life and activity and beauty.  I guess I should be thanking that crummy, ass-wad of an Old Man for one beautiful day to remind me why I love this city, and the 3 other seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment